How to implement controls in a WPF Application

Jan 26, 2011 at 11:14 AM

Hi!

Is it possible to use any of the controls in an WPF application?

I'm thinking of creating a simple application where a user can document it's research. The big problem I have is of course the amount of coding it takes to be able to draw molecules. It would be great if I could reuse any of your work.

How would I go about it? Any pointers are gladly accepted.

Regards / Per Hederos

Jan 27, 2011 at 1:43 PM

Hi,

Thanks fro showing interest in Chemistry Add-in for Word. We are looking into your question. We will keep you posted on the updates.

Regards,
Support Team

Feb 10, 2011 at 4:08 PM

Hi,

Thank you for your patience.
Yes, you can reuse a lot of code/controls from Chemistry Add-in for Word depending upon your requirements. Some of the UI, like the ribbon, the task pane, are Word specific.
The others, like the 2D editor itself is a WPF application, which happens to launch inside the Word process and writes back into the DOCX package.
Please let us know if you have any concern or you need further assistance.

Regards,
Abhishek
Support Team

Developer
May 4, 2011 at 1:47 PM

Hi,

We have not heard back from you for a long time and we hope this means your question has been answered. We are marking the thread as closed.

Please let us know in case you have any further questions/concerns.

Regards,
Support Team

May 5, 2011 at 12:10 PM

Hi!

Thank you for answering! I have been playing around a bit and have found some controls and I have something that is sort of working as I want it.

However the wpf-controls are still very coupled to the Ribbon and Word specific components. A suggestion for the future would be to decouple the 2D-editor even further so the controls can be used for other purposes than a Word-Addin.

Regards /Per