Thank you for showing interest in Chemistry Add-in for Word.
Please send us the detailed message to get a better idea on the issue you are facing.
At the same time you can try the below work arounds
In your case I think add-in encountering a problem while loading, this scenario is said to be add-in is soft disabled. When an add-in is soft disabled the entry of it will be displayed under
"Inactive application add-ins" list within the View and manged Microst application add-ins
Please follow the steps given below to re-enable the soft disabled add-in ( for info:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms268871.aspx):
1) In the application, click the
File tab (for Microsoft Office 2010) or the Microsoft Office Button (for the 2007 Microsoft Office system).
2) Click the ApplicationName Options button.
3) In the categories pane, click
4) In the details pane, verify that the add-in appears in the
Inactive Application Add-ins list. The Name column specifies the name of the assembly, and the
Location column specifies the full path of the application manifest.
5) In the Manage box, click
COM Add-ins, and then click Go.
6) In the COM Add-Ins dialog box, select the check box next to the disabled add-in.
7) Click OK.
By now you would be able to see the Chemistry ribbon in the word.
If you still encounter with the same problem please make sure that Disable all applications add-ins
option is unchecked in the Trust Center.
Steps to make sure the Disable all applications add-ins option is unchecked are:
1) Click the Microsoft Office Button
2) Click the ApplicationName
3) In the categories pane, click
4) Click Trust center settings
button in the Microsoft Word Trust Center
5) Click Add-ins in the category pane
6) In the details pane, uncheck
disable all applications add-ins option, If already checked
(I prefer you to uncheck all the options in the details pane).
7) Click OK
8) Follow the steps explained above to re-enable the soft disabled add-in (7 steps) and close and reopen the word.
In case the above attempt also fails. Please open the registry editor by
1) Open a Run
2) Enter “regedit” command and Click
OK. It will open the registry editor, now.
3) Navigate to a path :HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\Chem4Word.AddIn ( if you have selected install for single user at the time of chemistry add-in installation) or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins
\ Chem4Word.AddIn (selected install for everyone).
4) In the right hand side pane please verify that the value in the
Data column for LoadBehavior key is set to 3 if not right click on
LoadBehavior key select Modify. Enter value 3 in the text box under
Value data. Click ok.
Now, create an environmental variable called VSTO_SUPPRESSDISPLAYALERTS
set its value as 0. Please follow the steps given in the site
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310519 for creating an environmental variable.
Now, close and reopen the word application if there are any exceptions at the time of add-in startup , it will open up a window with an exception message will be displayed in it. Please send this exception message to us if any and we will anylase it and
let you know the steps to overcome the same.
I hope this will help you. Please let us know if you have any further queries.
MSR Customer Support Team