Botched install

Apr 30, 2013 at 7:26 PM
I'm trying to get this add-in working on my computer running Windows 7 with Word 2007. Upon install, it asked for a user name, and I accidentally used the computer's name (P), and not the user name for Word (MW). When I opened both the documentation and one of my files, I got the message that the documents were "locked for edting by P", and the Chemistry tab, though present, had pretty much no functionality (Gallery, Load, Navigator, Options, and Help are active; Save, Mark, View, and Edit are grayed out).

I figured that the user name mismatch was the problem, so I uninstalled, and reinstalled. This time, there was no prompt for a user name, and no "locked for editing" issue, but the add-in remained crippled. I tried again, and checked the registry to make sure the install was all gone, but no change.

I really would like to use this for my thesis (due in... 2 days), because ChemDraw only occasionally lets me copy out 2D figures (I have no idea on that either... this ought to be the simpler method, no?)

Assistance would be appreciated!
Apr 30, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Nevermind. I was under the impression that I could create figures from scratch in the document, rather than having to load them...
May 10, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Hi,

Sorry for the delay in our response.

I would like to know if you have installed hotfix along with the Add-In installation as you are using office 2007.

If you are not clear about form where the hotfix can be downloaded , please refer the user guide at http://chem4word.codeplex.com/releases/view/93629

User guide will also guide you on how to use the Add-In.

Revert Back if face any issue further

Thanks