2d illustration squeezed

Oct 18, 2010 at 8:36 PM

Hi,

chem4world works pretty well in my Word 2010, yet the 2d illustrations are squeezed together so I can hardly differ any bondings or elements. The 2d version of testorone for instance is just as big as a thumb, although it looks proper in the chemistry gallery of the add-in.

Is there a possibility to insert a databank like the PubChem Project.

Is chem4world also available in German or is it being developed?

Best regards.

Oct 19, 2010 at 3:34 PM
Edited Oct 19, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Hi,

Please find the answers to your questions below. 

<<so I can hardly differ any bondings or elements >>
As of today only way to edit the 2D images in Chem4Word is using the out of box 2D editor which is shipped as part of Chem4Word installer. 

<< Is there a possibility to insert a databank like the PubChem Project.>>
What does <<insert a databank like>> specify? However, if the molecules are available as CML files then they can be imported to Chem4Word.  

<< Is chem4world also available in German or is it being developed?>>
As part of project release, Chem4Word does not support any localization.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Thanks,
Support Team

Oct 19, 2010 at 3:50 PM

Hey,

Thanks for your answer.

Here is an example how the 2d images look like in my Word.

[URL=http://www.directupload.net][IMG]http://s10.directupload.net/images/101019/xv6sv4f5.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

on top you can see the stock citric acid, bottom testosterone. I did not change or edit anything. This is how my stock 2d images of the addin look like. A reinstall did not help.

Oct 19, 2010 at 3:51 PM

dont know whether the link of the screenshot worked. here's another one

http://s10.directupload.net/file/d/2317/xv6sv4f5_jpg.htm

Developer
Oct 20, 2010 at 11:41 AM

There is currently no support to add a custom set of molecules to Chem4Word - although molecules can be imported directly from PubChem. We are looking at ways of making both the gallery and smart tag molecules more customizable but this will not be part of the next release. I presume that you are running on a German version of Windows?

Oct 20, 2010 at 6:04 PM

Ok.

But why do the 2d images look like they do on my computer and not like, for example in the video of the Microsoft Research Lab. Is my German version of word the reason for that? Have you seen the screenshots i've uploaded? all 2d images look like that in my word, they are all wrong..

Oct 27, 2010 at 7:03 AM
Edited Oct 27, 2010 at 7:03 AM

Hi,

We were not able to reproduce this issue German version of word. Can you please share the following details for us to analyze the issue?

Operating System details: Like the version, if any language pack is used?

Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Thanks,
Support Team

Jan 25, 2011 at 1:32 PM

Hi,

We have not heard back from you for a long time and we hope this means your question has been answered. We are marking the thread as closed.

Please let us know in case you have any further questions/concerns.

Regards,
Support Team