Error on both computers

Nov 7, 2010 at 11:46 AM
Hi, I have two computers on which I run Office. I'm using Office 2007 on one computer, and Office 2010 on the other. Sadly though, I get similar errors on both when I'm trying to use chem 4 word. Installiation was successful, the chemistry tab appears in word as it should, I can convert and create chemzones, but that's about as far as it goes. When I'm trying to press the view tab for an 2D-depicition of a compund, benzene for example, an errormessage appears which states that "input string is incorrect format", or something very similar to that. Nonetheless, I can still convert to consise name on the word 2007 computer, but not on the 2010. What could cause such a problem on two different computers with two different versions of Office? (The main issue seems to be the graphical part).
Nov 8, 2010 at 1:46 PM

Hi,

Thanks for showing interest in word add-in for chemistry. Please find response to your question below:

<< What could cause such a problem on two different computers with two different versions of Office? (The main issue seems to be the graphical part)>>
We were not able to reproduce this issue on our test machine. Can you please share the repro steps and the following details with us:

• Operating System – Please let us know whether you are using a 32 bit or a 64 bit OS
  •  Language Pack - Have you installed any language pack for Office 2007 and Office 2010?

Also, can you please let us know the exact error message you are getting?

Please let us know in case you have further questions/concerns.
Regards,
Support Team

Nov 10, 2010 at 4:18 PM
Edited Nov 12, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Hi, and thanks for you quick reply! I run Wim XP 32 on both machines. Regarding the language packs, I'm unsure as to which the default language is on the 2007-machine. I'm pretty sure it's swedish, but I'm not 100%. On the 2010-machine, I run english version with swedish language pack. In both cases I mainly use swedish, but as I wrote above, I'm not entirely sure if it's default on the 2007-machine. I have a screenshot of the error on the 2007 version, the last line is swedish and states as I wrote in my first post, "Input string was in the wrong format" or something very similar to that. Link to screenshot: http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1394/chemerror.jpg (I also forgot to write the first time, that I write the compunds in english, not swedish).

Nov 11, 2010 at 1:16 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the information. We are working on your issue. We will keep you posted on the updates.

Regards,
Support Team

Nov 12, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Hi,

We were able to repro the error <<Input string was in the wrong format>> in our test machines using the information provided by you.

Can you please try installing the following software and let us know if it helps in solving your issue?

Regards,
Support Team

Nov 14, 2010 at 9:47 AM
Thank you very much for the help! But I'm afraid it still isn't working properly. I have just installed SP3 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP 1, and it doesn't seem to help.
Nov 15, 2010 at 2:28 PM

Hi,

We are working on your issue. We will keep you posted on the updates.

Please let us know in case you have further questions/concerns.
Regards,
Support Team

Nov 17, 2010 at 11:28 AM

Hi, 

We were not able to repro this error in the Swedish language on our test machine, we need some more information in order to resolve this. Can you please let us know if 18th November, 8 AM PST is a convenient time, to schedule a live meeting with you, so that you can walk us through this issue?

Please let us know if you have any questions/concerns.

Regards,
Support Team

Nov 17, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your effort! I am probably at school that time (I live in Europe) so I am unable to do the live meeting then. Could I perhaps record and upload a video on youtube, or is there any additional information you need besides observing how the issue appears? In that case I could  try to squueze in a live meeting asap.

Thanks once again, not many sites have this good support.

Nov 18, 2010 at 11:49 AM

Hi,

Chem4word isn't supporting swedish language pack , so goto control panel change Regional language format section in English.Restart your system and try for creating chemzones.

Please let us know if this helps in solving your issue otherwise we will proceed for a live meeting.

Regards,
 Support Team

Nov 22, 2010 at 12:11 PM

Hi,

Can you please let us know if the workaround provided by us helped in resolving your issue.

Please let us know if you have any questions/issues.
Regards,
Support Team

Nov 23, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Hi again!

I'm sorry for my absence, school has been taking up a lot of my time.

So, regional settings->standards and formats and then change to U.S English?

Nov 24, 2010 at 10:18 AM

Hi,

Yes by changing the format to ‘English (United States)’ in the ‘Region and Language’ settings of the control panel and restart your machine should help resolve your issue. You can either make these changes before or after installing the Chemistry Word add-in.

Please confirm if this helped resolve your issue.
Regards,
Support Team

Nov 27, 2010 at 8:05 AM
Edited Nov 27, 2010 at 12:43 PM

It worked.

Thanks a million!!

EDIT: Forgot to ask one thing. Is it actually possible to create your own molecule? If for example, I generate a Benzene ring, can I go on to create Benzoic Acid manually from this.

Nov 29, 2010 at 12:07 PM

Hi,

Please find the response to your question below:

<<Is it actually possible to create your own molecule>>

Yes, it is possible to create your own molecule. The Chemistry Add-in can handle any molecule that has appropriate CML data.  For additional molecules, you can create a CML file and import it to chem4Word. For more information on how to import the CML Data to Chem4Word please refer the  Chemistry Add-in for Word User Guide.

Please let us know if this helps in answering your question.
Regards,
Support Team

Nov 30, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Thank you alot for everything.