Error on Word2010

Jan 20, 2011 at 1:10 PM

Hello every one, after i upgrade my office from 2007 to 2010, I cannot run the Chem4word and it has been disabled. And there's no Chem4word add-in in word2010.i run the setup program again and try to install the Add-in manually. However, the error comes that this add-in cannot match the Hash as list shows. So i don't know how to deal with it. Forgive my poor English, thank you.

Jan 20, 2011 at 3:52 PM

Hi,

Thanks for showing interest in Chemistry Add-in for Word.

We are looking into your issue. We will keep you posted on the updates.

Regards,
Support Team

Jan 21, 2011 at 3:24 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your patience. The Chemistry add-in for word is fully compatible with Word 2007 as well as Word 2010. We would suggest you to first uninstall Chemistry add-in for Word completely as per the following guidelines and then re-install Chemistry add-in for Word.

To uninstall Chemistry add-in for Word completely please follow the steps below:

1.  Remove the Add-in from the Word:
        a) Click on the “Customize Quick Access Toolbar” button (the down arrow with a bar on top-left) and then select More command option as shown below. You may also reach the same by selecting
            File->Options
        b) Select Add-Ins in the left navigation panel.
        c)  Select the Chemistry add-in for Word. You can see the type of add-in the 3rd column (which is Com Add-in).
        d) Select the type in Manage drop down shown below and click the Go button. Select the Chemistry add-in for Word by clicking on the check box and then click on Remove button from
            the right side of the  pop-up.

2. Uninstall the Chemistry add-in for Word from the control panel

NOTE: You can verify the uninstallation by checking the registry to the path
HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\Chemistry Add-in for Word , or
HKEY_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Office\Word\Addins\Chemistry Add-in for Word ,

Please ensure that the above entries are removed from the registry after uninstalling the add-in. In case the entries still sxist, please remove them manually.

3. Reinstall the Chemistry add-in for Word

In case you are still geting the error, please revert back to us and also please send us the screenshot of the error message at v-pranay@microsoft.com

Please let us know in case this helps in solving your issue.

Regards,
Support Team

Feb 5, 2011 at 7:40 AM

Hi, I,ve installed Word 2010. After that I installed Chemistry4word.

After launching Word, there is no Chemistry tab, nor any sign of it under Addins.

However, file-options-addins show Chemistry Add-in for Word as inactive. Trying to activate it is unsuccessful.

Then I tried uninstall, exactly as you sugest, even checking in the regedit- all is removed.

Then reboot

Then install Chemistry 4 Word again---the same result- it just is not activated.

What to do????

:( magnus

Feb 5, 2011 at 7:40 AM
Edited Feb 5, 2011 at 7:44 AM

Hi!

Same problem here:

Office 2010, Error message: The following package files could not be found:

[pathway]\Office2007PIARedist\o2007pia.msi

But it works like a charm on my Office 2007 desktop...

Rehards,

lehndal

**EDIT**

Computers are strange people; in spite of the error message and without any other further actions from my side it turns out that the add-on actually installed once I started Word. It now works as expected.  

Feb 7, 2011 at 4:00 PM
mkvant wrote:

After launching Word, there is no Chemistry tab, nor any sign of it under Addins.

However, file-options-addins show Chemistry Add-in for Word as inactive. Trying to activate it is unsuccessful.

Then I tried uninstall, exactly as you sugest, even checking in the regedit- all is removed.

Then reboot

Then install Chemistry 4 Word again---the same result- it just is not activated.

What to do????

Hi,

Magnus, can you provide us the error message(Load behavior) you are getting for this Add-in.
To see the "Load Behavior" first open the Add-in task pane (File->Options->Add-Ins).
After selecting the Chemistry Add-in for Word click the "Go" button. You will see the Load behavior at the bottom of the opened dialog box.

Regards,
Prakash
Support Team

Feb 7, 2011 at 7:37 PM
Hi there again-hope we can find out what's wrong.
Please find enclosed screen capture of Load behaviour. As you can see- Chemistry is not activated. Activating manually and pressing OK doesn't help though- still no sign of Chemistry.
I open Load behaviour again- Chemistry still inactivated although I had just activated it.
Something is blocking its activation.
I also tried deactivating all the other add-ins- it didn't help either.
Strange isn't it?
Take care/magnus

On 07/02/2011 17:00, cnprakash wrote:

mkvant wrote:

Then reboot

What to do????

Hi,

Magnus, can you provide us the error message(Load behavior) you are getting for this Add-in.
To see the "Load Behavior" first open the Add-in task pane (File->Options->Add-Ins).
After selecting the Chemistry Add-in for Word click the "Go" button. You will see the Load behavior at the bottom of the opened dialog box.

Regards,
Prakash
Support Team

Feb 7, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Hi,

Just for info, I found Chem4Word today and installed on my Windows 7 Pro with Office 2007.
Unfortunately there was no Chem4Word tab in Word 2007.

I suspect the same sort of problem as this thread and found that in:
Word Options > Add-Ins
Chemistry Add-in for Word is listed as an 'Inactive Active Application Add-in' along with Custom XML Data

However I do have :
ODF Add-in
odfaddin.dot
as 'Active Add-Ins' and wonder if the ODF add-in is clashing?

Feb 8, 2011 at 3:28 PM
Edited Feb 8, 2011 at 4:00 PM
mkvant wrote:
Hi there again-hope we can find out what's wrong.
Please find enclosed screen capture of Load behaviour. As you can see- Chemistry is not activated. Activating manually and pressing OK doesn't help though- still no sign of Chemistry.
I open Load behaviour again- Chemistry still inactivated although I had just activated it.
Something is blocking its activation.
I also tried deactivating all the other add-ins- it didn't help either.
Strange isn't it?
Take care/magnus

On 07/02/2011 17:00, cnprakash wrote:

mkvant wrote:

Then reboot

What to do????

Hi,

To see the "Load Behavior" first open the Add-in task pane (File->Options->Add-Ins).
After selecting the Chemistry Add-in for Word click the "Go" button. You will see the Load behavior at the bottom of the opened dialog box.

Regards,
Prakash
Support Team

Hi,

Can you please send us the screen capture at v-pranay@microsoft.com as here is no option to see any attachment.

Make sure you choose the setup.exe to install the Chemistry Add-In instead of Chem4Word.Setup.msi.

Regards,
Prakash
Support team

Feb 8, 2011 at 3:34 PM
inthedark wrote:

Hi,

Just for info, I found Chem4Word today and installed on my Windows 7 Pro with Office 2007.

Word Options > Add-Ins
Chemistry Add-in for Word is listed as an 'Inactive Active Application Add-in' along with Custom XML Data

However I do have :
ODF Add-in
odfaddin.dot

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Chemistry Add-in for word.
To activate the Chemistry Add-in for Word, open Add-Ins task pane. Then select the Chemistry Add-in for Word and click the “Go” button to activate the Add-in.
If the Add-In still not activated, uninstall the Add-in and reinstall it.
Make sure you choose the setup.exe to install the Chemistry Add-In instead of Chem4Word.Setup.msi.

If your issue is still not resolved, please send the error message (load behavior).
To see the "Load Behavior" first open the Add-in task pane (File->Options->Add-Ins).
After selecting the Chemistry Add-in for Word click the "Go" button. You will see the Load behavior at the bottom of the opened dialog box.
Also, please send us your machine details: OS, 64bit/32 bit, Office version. This will help us try and reproduce this issue here so that we can help you resolve it.

Regards,
Prakash
Support team

Feb 8, 2011 at 3:57 PM
Hello, I'm afraid I have done all this exactly as you suggest (several times actually) but to no avail.
I'm using Windows XP SP3, Office version , please see screen capture.
Hope you find out what is wrong.
Best regards Magnus

On 08/02/2011 16:34, cnprakash wrote:

inthedark wrote:

Hi,

Word Options > Add-Ins

However I do have :
ODF Add-in
odfaddin.dot

Hi,

To activate the Chemistry Add-in for Word, open Add-Ins task pane. Then select the Chemistry Add-in for Word and click the “Go” button to activate the Add-in.
If the Add-In still not activated, uninstall the Add-in and reinstall it.

If your issue is still not resolved, please send the error message (load behavior).
Also, please send us your machine details: OS, 64bit/32 bit, Office version. This will help us try and reproduce this issue here so that we can help you resolve it.

Regards,
Prakash
Support team

Feb 8, 2011 at 4:06 PM
mkvant wrote:
Hello, I'm afraid I have done all this exactly as you suggest (several times actually) but to no avail.
Best regards Magnus

inthedark wrote:

Hi,

Word Options > Add-Ins

However I do have :
ODF Add-in
odfaddin.dot

Hi,

Regards,
Prakash
Support team

Hi,

We are looking into this issue currently. We will post you the updates shortly.

Regards,
Support team

Feb 8, 2011 at 5:58 PM
Super- very grateful.
:) magnus

On 08/02/2011 17:06, cnprakash wrote:

mkvant wrote:
Best regards Magnus

inthedark wrote:

Hi,

Word Options > Add-Ins

However I do have :
ODF Add-in
odfaddin.dot

Hi,

Regards,
Prakash
Support team

Hi,

We are looking into this issue currently. We will post you the updates shortly.

Regards,
Support team

Feb 25, 2011 at 9:00 AM

Hello, I had the same problem. Maybe (very probably) I am so late today but for sure ...

Here is the link http://cid-cd3afcf763137fb0.office.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public/Office2007PIARedist

where is required files to be installed at first, then run setup.exe

Thanks

Feb 25, 2011 at 9:12 AM
Hi, that's a very strange link- I find nothing on it!
Magnus

On 25/02/2011 10:07, DanielV70 wrote:

Hello, I had the same problem. Maybe (very probably) I am so late today but for sure ...

Here is the link http://cid-cd3afcf763137fb0.office.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public/Office2007PIARedist

where is required files to be installed at first, then run setup.exe

Thanks

Feb 25, 2011 at 9:22 AM

I think not strange.

Just point to file o2007pia and to the right will appear bar, Download is included. That´s all.

If you can write me: dvondrak2@gmail.com

Developer
Mar 3, 2011 at 1:21 PM

Hi Magnus,

Thanks for  your reply .We will look into chemistry formatter  if we need any help.  

Our Development team has come up with following solution.

From the log, it is evident that: 

1. The directory where the Log4NetConfig.xml is to be placed does not exist.
2. The directory structure exists but the Log4NetConfig.xml does not exist. (This is less likely – It would throw a different error)

The chemistry add-in requires that a bunch of its files be placed at the application data location. If you look up the installer file of the project, you will notice that the certain files are copied to the application data location.

Going by the log, it seems like the Chemistry Add-in for Word directory has not been created. For  the time being  Please follow the following steps:

1)      Create Directory called “Chemistry Add-in for Word” under  C :\Program files\
2)      Copy  whole contents of the folder that was created when the chemistry add-in was installed  to the folder which you  have created in the step 1. 

Ideally, the installer should take care of all of this.

Regards,
Support Team

Developer
Apr 5, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Hi Magnus,

Please let us know are you still facing the issue ?

Regards,
Support Team

Apr 7, 2011 at 4:48 PM
Hi,
I haven't tried it to be honest. I installed another chemistry formatter and it works fine.
If you want me to, I could try again with your "version" but if nothing has changed, then I cannot see that it will work.
Best regards Magnus

On 05/04/2011 14:45, MadhusudhanGS wrote:

Hi Magnus,

Please let us know are you still facing the issue ?

Regards,
Support Team